We rely on volunteers – including corporate volunteers – to manage the Spa Ponds Nature Reserve and to keep track of the wildlife living in and around Forest Town. We are grateful to all those who so kindly donate time and money to support our work, including a range of community organisations, agencies, funders, and businesses.
Become a member
You do not need to be an FTNCG Member to take part in our activities or to join our email circulation list, however if you are actively involved with the charity you may wish to become a Member by completing our online form.
FTNCG Membership is free of charge, although a £5 annual donation is suggested.
Thanks to funders
FTNCG and Spa Ponds have recently been supported with funds from the following sources:
- Severn Trent Community Fund
- Localgiving’s Magic Little Grant
- Robin Hood Lottery players (link to buy tickets to support FTNCG)
- Sherwood Landscape Partnership’s M2M Project (supported by The National Lottery Heritage Fund)
- FTNCG members and supporters (topped up with HMRC Gift Aid – see our Gift Aid form)
Thanks to all our current and past funders for helping to support our work and the site!
Donating to FTNCG
Donations to the Forest Town Nature Conservation Group can be made by any of the following means:
- A cheque made out to: “Forest Town Nature Conservation Group” posted to: 25 The Birchlands, Forest Town, Mansfield NG19 0ER
- Bank transfer to the Forest Town Nature Conservation Group bank account, Sort Code: 089299 Account Number: 65459324
FTNCG is Charity number 1157957, which means donations are potentially eligible for Gift Aid.
Co-op Member? Make FTNCG your cause!
When you buy selected Co-op products and services, 2p for every £1 spent goes into your Co-op membership account, and the Co-op will split the same between like-minded organisations and local causes. The Forest Town Nature Conservation Group is part of the Co-op’s Local Community Fund until 21st October 2023.
The current Trustees of the charity are: Shlomo Dowen (Chair), Lorraine Dowen (Vice Chair), Josh Dowen (Treasurer and Secretary), Alan Alberry (Spa Ponds Warden), Mark Fretwell (Tree Officer), Phil Goodall (Water Catchment Liaison), Samantha Nicholson (Landowner Liaison), and Dennis Platts (Photographic Records Officer).
FTNCG is a member (or affiliate) of the following organisations: